Monday, December 19, 2011

Live From the Chemo Room #16

J'ever notice how when you have a short appointment it's on a day when the Dr.'s office is really crowded and running late? I hate that.

That was my Andy Rooney tribute, but it does describe my morning so far.

I'm looking forward to giving a hard time to the chemo nurse from last time. I switched one of my meds from an infusion to a shot, and she managed to give me a two inch bruise on the back of my arm. I thought the bruising was a side effect of my other drug, but Dr. Z says it was bad technique. It will be light hearted, of course, but I will milk it a bit.

I met a new patient today who is starting on Oxaliplatin, the drug that caused all my lovely side effects. I was able to share some tips about warming your drinking water, etc. He is on his second round of pancreatic cancer treatment. His wife and son are here with him. Son's about my age. They all have the right attitude.

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season. Give your family extra hugs this year. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment