Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mister Eye

When Toyota made a 2 seat, mid engine coupe called the MR2, the car magazines began calling it Mister Two. So I've decided to call the scan I'm having on my hip tomorrow a Mister Eye.

Hopefully, Mister Eye will tell us what the source of my continued hip pain is. I will keep you posted.

I wanted to take a moment to talk about stem cell transplants. This is a procedure used as an extreme measure when certain types of cancer aren't responding to other therapies. It involves basically shutting down the immune system and rebuilding it from scratch with stem cells from a healthy donor. All of this takes place in a Travolta-esque bubble of a hospital room.

I have two friends, one who had stem cell treatment several months ago and one who is just starting. Bob just got the news all of us Members of the Club long to hear, "No evidence of disease." I hope I report the same for Mac before the maple leafs have fallen in his native Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment