Monday, July 18, 2011

Live from the PET Scan Prep Room

I'm once again deep in the bowels of Emory University Hospital, having been injected with radioactive stuff and drinking my barium sulfite smoothie. I'll enjoy the comfort of my 11 x 7 cell for an hour until Sara returns to take me to The Tube.

Until then, I have a couple of new things to accompany me. One is somebody playing radio station B98.5 at ridiculously high volume in the room behind me, which I assume is a staff lounge. The other is Big Brother, the watchful eye of a Panasonic video camera mounted high above the door to the room. I'm trying to think of the most entertaining think I could do in order to determine if anyone's really watching me. Might be time to bust a move. I'll wait for the right song to come blaring through the wall.

By the way, according to the several-years-old laminated info sheet push-pinned to the wall next to me, one of the benefits of PET is to identify "distant occult metastases." A guess that explains my sudden desire to stream Season One of X-Files via Netflix. Ooh, that Scully was one fine investigator, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment