Friday, September 23, 2011

Live from the Chemo Room 12

I arrived just as the clouds began to break here in Johns Creek. Omen?

Could be. Dr. Z wants me to get a scan in a few weeks, and may keep me off the oral chemo for even longer. That means the hand and foot syndrome should continue to improve and there won't be anything new to screw up my GI tract.

It's a full house today in the chemo room. A guy I met last time is here. I'm calling him Paulie Walnuts, because he looks and sounds like a Sopranos character. It looks like he's about the roll out of here, probably grabbing some gabbagool on the way home. Cannoli would be good too.

There's also E, so named because he is obviously a Dale Earnhardt fan. He's also an Alabama man, so I know avid blog reader Sandy P. would like him. It's amazing what you can tell about a person from the T-shirt and baseball hat they wear.

Uncle Fester is here too, along with Joan Collins. Cliff Huxtable is quietly reading a magazine. Mercedes from Glee is intently watching The Doctors on TV, where they are, for some reason, helping a group of moms with a lingerie makeover. Not that there's anything wrong with that.


Oh, I should also mention that my recent post Ooh That Smell is getting a lot of play on LinkedIn in the Livestrong and American Cancer Society Forums. I posted a link to the post with the provocative question, "Do Smokers Deserve the Same Empathy as Other Cancer Patients?" Needless to say there are passionate responses to that one from many different perspectives. Want to join the conversation? Hit

http://tinyurl.com/linked-acs 


or


http://tinyurl.com/linked-liv

No comments:

Post a Comment