Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Today, I consider myself the luckiest man...

You know the speech. Even though Lou was stricken with a disease so awful they named it after him, he was feeling very lucky that day.

I too am lucky, and not just because I'm Kickin' Cancer's Butt, or because Marcie still hasn't realized what a questionable call she made back in '92 when she said yes. Today I'm feeling lucky because I just won another road trip to a Falcons game thanks to local radio station 790 The Zone. We won't be on the team plane this time, and no pre-game sideline passes, but Earnie and I will be heading to Seattle where I hope to break my streak of one huge blowout loss and cheer the Falcons on to victory!

The last time Earnie and I attended a sporting event together that didn't feature our kids, we saw Michael Johnson break the world record in the 200 during the 1996 Olympics. I'd settle for a 200-yard rushing day from Michael Turner this time.

Anybody want to help me explain to my kids why they (again) can't join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment