Monday, February 27, 2012

Live from the Chemo Room 19

I'm sitting next to a couple, around my age, and hearing the wife being told about the anti-nausea routine. Take this one starting tomorrow, take this one if you need it. She has throat cancer. Her chemo drug is similar to my "bad one" plus she has radiation treatment starting next week.

I gave them my 2 cents worth - stay ahead of the nausea. Take the "if you need it" one before you need it.

I'm one of the chemo vets now. I'm like Payton Manning, tutoring a young Andrew Luck, only I get paid about $20 million less. You don't want to be pushy, but when you see a couple heading into the unknown, you want to help where you can.

SInce I flew back from Europe via New York, I did stop by MSK last week to see the Wizard. She agrees with the treatment plan, and thinks I'm doing well, despite the recent suspicious specks in my lung. I trust Dr. Z completely, but it still feels better to hear from another expert, particularly one who does nothing but colorectal cancer treatment, that you're on the right track.




1 comment:

  1. The list of medical problems facing those who have diabetes can seem endless. If you are diabetic, you already know the complications that can arise. Not long ago, yet another issue was added to the list of concerns. Recent studies suggest that those with diabetes have a higher risk of developing colorectal cancer...

    Kavinace

    ReplyDelete