Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Live from the PET Scan Prep Room

The new PET Scan machine is here! They say it is faster and I guess I'll know soon enough.

The "vanilla creme smoothie" still sucks, but the new prep room is nice, with its faux woodtone linoleum below and watchful security camera above. Just like home. Although I must say the hum of the scanner is more soothing in here somehow.

My tech is new, or I should say new to me. Delicia has been at Emory since 1993. She knows my man Vince, naturally, and also knows all about my book. She even copied the page about Vince and sent it to the department head. I should probably sue her for violating my copyright, but since she's the one with the radioactive slurry and the needles, I'll probably let it go.

Stay tuned until Friday for the results...


No comments:

Post a Comment