Friday, May 25, 2012

Live from (20 miles from) the Chemo Room

No chemo today. I know, I was disappointed too. I shaved my upper right chest for nothing.

But I did get my PET scan results. Turns out I have a Slow Disease. Not the kind that makes you look like this guy...

but the kind that means your cancer grows very slowly, which is a good thing. This is one time when you'd prefer to be compared to Cruiser from Stripes vs. say, Usain Bolt.

Turns out a couple spots in my lungs need some attention. They are not life threatening or even cough-causing at this point, but they are big enough that we can see they've picked up a mm or two in the last couple of months so it's time to kick some cancer butt!

We're going to decide on the weapon of choice in the next week. I'm hoping for stereotactic radiation because they have the hottest nurses it has the least side effects, but minor traditional surgery and chemo are also options.

Stay tuned, and you'll find out soon how I decided to, as Captain Stillman said, "Have that removed."

No comments:

Post a Comment