Friday, June 1, 2012

Weird Science


Anthony Michael Hall, before his critically-acclaimed SNL years, was famous for roles like the one he had in Weird Science. And Weird Science is where it looks like I'm headed for the next round of me vs. cancer.

The surgeon didn't think I was a good candidate for the scalpel - something about not wanting to ruin those massive P90X-infused pectoral muscles. So, pending a discussion with the radiation oncologist, we'll probably be using stereotactic radiation to fry those little spots in my lungs again. As you may recall, the last time this process was painless (other than the tattoo part) and side-effect-free, two qualities I truly admire in a treatment.

I've also restarted my oral chemo drug but in a lower dosage to try to minimize the  hand and foot sores that seem to go with Xeloda like peanut butter and, well, hand and foot sores.

But enough about me. Congrats to my friend Dawn whom you may have read about in my book. She's in New York this week for the photo shoot for the 2013 Colondar. No, I did not misspell that. It's a calendar filled with artfully done pictures of colon cancer survivors and their abdomens. Seriously. Check it out by clicking the link.






No comments:

Post a Comment