Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Baby Must've Smiled at Me

Oh, you Peter Allen fans know what's coming, don't you?

That's right - a little something from Burt Sugarman's Midnight Special. 
And while you enjoy it, I'll tell the rest of the folks what's going on. I was in Brazil last week for work, making stops in Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Vitoria, and of course, Rio de Janeiro. The most surprising thing I learned on the trip was about that famous statue of Jesus that overlooks Rio from high above a mountain. 

The surprising part wasn't what the statue is made of, or how they managed to hoist it up to its lofty perch. No, I was stunned to learn that on a clear day, you can see the statue quite clearly from the 2nd floor men's bathroom at Rio's domestic airport. And not just from the common area of the bathroom, that would be interesting enough, to be sure, but this image was taken from the leftmost stall in said banheiro:



Upon my return, I did meet with the stereotactic radiation doc, this time it was the son of the original doctor I worked with last year. Kudos to anyone who just made a Son of Frankenstein leap in their head, but this guy's name is McCord, and I don't think he has a degree from the University of Ingolstadt. Anyway, Dr. McDoctor says we can do the radiation treatment again with little or no risk of complications, and since it was so effective the last time, he's expecting good results again.

OK doc, let's do this!

Now if only the treatment room didn't have those tesla coils buzzing and all those beakers full of boiling potions...

No comments:

Post a Comment