Wednesday, May 9, 2012

(not so) Live from the Chemo Room 22

Right up front I should say that all signs point to no brain-eating worms picked up in Costa Rica. Phew! Thanks for all your prayers, cards, and that one pink shower cap somebody sent in.

I was in the Chemo Room on Monday, but as it was my first day back I had a number of calls to catch up on and before you could say "You want the Xgeva in your arm or your ass?" I was done. So my usual "Live" post was delayed. But fear not, devoted readers, I'm here with all the latest news.

Well, if there were any news, that is.

Really, we're just 'tween scans at the moment. Dr. Z think we might be able to get away with staying off the Xeloda (Oral chemo) for a while now, but the scans will tell us whether that's a good idea or not. The next one will be a PET in about 2 weeks. For now, the foot/hand symptoms are mostly better, but a run or a long day of standing during a trade show seem to set them off again - go figure.

I'm sporting a new stupidcancer.org t-shirt these days. Young adult cancer survivors should check out the website and grab some swag to support this very cool group.

No comments:

Post a Comment