Monday, March 11, 2013

Don't call it a Comeback!

LL admonished his fans not to call his return a "comeback" in this classic.



I get it. Comebacks can be good, or they can be bad. An injured athlete returning to the field a after weeks of rehab is a good comeback.

A head of hair regrowing after a round of chemotherapy ends? Also good.

But pain in the hip/pelvis, the area that started this now two plus year long ordeal, that's a comeback I could do without. Unfortunately, we don't get to decide these things. We just have to deal with them.

I just have to deal with this.

It could be any number of things causing pain on my left hip that is now radiating down my leg. Scar tissue, a new injury, joint inflammation from increased workouts. So I went to see Dr. Z, and have a bone scan scheduled for later this week. He's on the fence about this - leaning toward injury vs. reemergence of cancer in the area we so thoroughly irradiated two years ago. So I'm replenishing my supply of legal narcotics and hoping the scan tells us what's going on.

Until then, I will continue to enjoy my 90's rap collection on Spotify.

No comments:

Post a Comment