Thursday, March 14, 2013

Enter Scanman

No, I'm not posting any Metallica videos to go with that title. If you got that reference, you already have all the James, Lars & Co you need.

Today was the bone scan to make sure that pain in my hip and leg wasn't cancer. The good news is, it's not cancer. The bad news is, that's two scans in 10 days that turned out to be unnecessary. Or maybe that's good news. Whatever.

The pain is actually a little better today. The root cause could still be some damage to the ball and socket caused by my radiation treatments. We're going to keep an eye on it, and if it doesn't heal on its own, perhaps do another scan (yay!) with an MRI.

My other abnormalities this week include a 3 day headache, hoarse voice, and a rather pretty rash under one arm. All are likely compliments of Stivarga, so I'm going to take a couple days off, and then start back at a lower dose.

Bottom line - cancer hasn't returned to my bones, and as they say, Nothing Else Matters.


1 comment:

  1. YEAH BABY! That's the news we wanted to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete