Monday, April 4, 2011

An Angel Among Us

You know those commercials where one person holds the door open for an elderly lady, and someone witnessing that later lets someone else have the primo parking spot, and that driver later performs some other act of kindness? I think the ads are for a bank, or maybe it's Trojans, but that's not important. I'm feeling the need to do something over the top nice now. I'm talking about "here, take my tickets to the Final Four championship game" nice. Woody Harrelson to Robert Redford for one night with Demi, even without the million bucks, nice.

The source of my good intentions? Doris. Adele's mother in law spent the day with us at Epcot, having taken the kids in on the Disney guest passes she and Bob have thanks to Bob's 17 years with Mickey. She even bought us lunch over my vigorous objection and bought Adam his first Bar Mitzvah present, a very cool DJ-themed T-shirt. She had thanked me for allowing her to do something nice for us. I know, it took me a  minute too. People often say "if there's anything I can do for you.." and to those who really mean it, it feels very good to be able to come through. We've had dinners brought to us, medical help and advice, lotions as previously mentioned in this blog, and many other acts of kindness. All are so very appreciated and I hope all of you who shared your kindness with us take pleasure in knowing that.

So I'm hoping there's a lost kid I can return to a parent when we go back to the park tonight. Either that or somebody choking on a Turkey leg so I can get my Heimlich on.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

  1. You can never find a choking kid when you want one, but on those rare occasions when you don't want one, they're right there. I usually have to "encourage" mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice knowing that you recognize and ALLOW those to help you and your family...that is "nice" in itself, recognition with no ulterior motives for PAYBACK is the kind of gift I like to give and receive! Keep on kickin cancers butt Myles....and lets see some Mickey EAR pics too :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete