Monday, August 1, 2011

No punchline today

It seems that Carol from my support group has taken a turn for the worse. According to an e-mail I read this morning, she is at home with hospice. You know by now that I tend to be upbeat about this whole cancer thing, even joking about the experience here and in the book.  But when you read an e-mail like the one I got today, it's hard to come up with punchlines, even when the subject of the e-mail shares my sarcastic wit and would've given my Aunt Sylvia a run for her money in the "I don't give a shit what anybody else thinks of me" department. She tells it like it is, and she makes me laugh.

Those of you who pray, please add her to your prayers. Healing thoughts senders, please send them her way.

Whenever G-d is ready for her, I hope he knows what he's in for...

No comments:

Post a Comment