Friday, October 14, 2011

Live From the Chemo Room 13

Me:    My twins asked me when we'll be able to say I don't have cancer anymore
Dr. Z: I think you can tell them there's no evidence of cancer.

YES!

That's the official word on this, my 13th visit to the chemo room. I will stay on the maintenance drugs for several months, which is totally fine. But the latest PET Scan confirms what I've been feeling/hoping was the case. Now we get to do a colonoscopy next! Yay!

It's a little slow here in the chemo room today, but one of the regulars is here and was looking and sounding a bit down. I gave him a copy of my book, which he is voraciously reading as I type. The nurses have all read it now and one mentioned to him that it was just what he needed today. That makes me happier than selling 100 copies on Amazon would. Well, maybe just as happy...

Time to celebrate.

PS - Marcie wants it noted for the record that she was not "a wreck." So noted.  


6 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <~~ REALLY need a stronger ACTION verb...lol Cannot imagine, well yes I can, how you and the family are feeling. Prayers were answered and they will continue to be said. One day I pray that ALL those that are fighting the cancer demon fight will one day hear those words also..Love and God Bless you and your family! our God is AWESOME and AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy and David Pate is the anonymous, since I could not sign on for some reason...sorry...should have addded our names on the comment....YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knew you would be kicking cancer's butt!!!! The Sanders clan is very very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AS always, I'm slow on the news...What wonderful news! Many prayers answered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I am just now seeing this...glad to be in contact with you, and am looking forward to using you as a guest blogger!

    ReplyDelete