Monday, October 10, 2011

Love Me Through It

Those of you who know me well know my musical appetite is more Donny than Marie, yet I wanted to pass along this beautiful song by Martina McBride, who they tell me is an accomplished country singer. Sandy in my office sent it to me the other day.


Listen to the words carefully, and you'll hear what I have heard from Marcie and what every Member of the Club hopes to hear: a message of unequivocal love and support from a spouse or lover: I'm Gonna Love You Through It. I also like that there's a realistic portrayal of breast cancer in the lyrics, the disfigurement, the desire to feel like a woman again, etc. Nothing held back.





1 comment:

  1. Martina is the best! She writes many songs that empower girls and women. One of my favorites always reminds me of your sweet girl, Ali.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QhWevCpbSY

    ReplyDelete