Monday, November 28, 2011

When G-d Gets it Wrong

I had two wonderful teachers in nursery school at Cliff Valley, Mrs. Hirsch and Mrs. Weiner. Sharon (Weiner) had two children - Kenny, who was my age, and Vicki a year younger. Kenny died several years ago - from a hearth condition as I recall.

Vicki died today, from cancer.


G-d got it wrong this time. For parents to bury not one, but two adult children, is heartbreaking.


A few days ago, knowing her fight was nearly over, she wrote the following. Over 200 people responded before she passed away and her husband mentioned that he had read most of those comments to her.

This post from Vicki and the comments that followed it, are among the most moving things I've ever read. You can see more at http://www.vickihamersmith.com/


From Vicki


Hello to All My Family and Friends,
While I simply can’t thank everyone by name, I did want to express my deepest and heartfelt gratitude for all the calls, e-mails, text messages, thoughts of prayer, and overwhelming support I have received over the last (2) years.  I cannot begin to tell you how much each and everyone has meant ot me.  It is necessary for me to rest and save my strength for my Family, whom I have devoted my entire life.  As a result, we have set this up to allow a central site in which comments can be posted.  I will try to read them all; however, please understand I simply cannot respond to them.  If I can, I will post more.  It is important that you all know that I have tried to live every waking moment in an exemplary manner, one in which will both inspire and motivate to do good. I truly feel that I have made a difference and left a lasting impression both in my professional life and to those I have touch in my private one, especially my immediate Family, Steven, Sofie, Cameron, and Kasey. I feel most proud of the job I have done with my children and have always tried to give them unconditional love and admiration.  I am certain they know that and hope the lessons I have taught them will serve them well.  They are my pride and joy and cannot adequately express the love I have for them.  To my husband, I love you with all my heart and thank you for being my “everything” for all these years. I also want to tell my Parents thank you for always being there for me and making me the person I am.  To my close friends, family, and people of faith in my life, thank you for helping me during these difficult times.  If my time here is short, I want everyone to know that I love them, will miss them dearly, and appreciate all they have done and will do for Me and my Family.  With Sincere Love and Gratitude, Vicki.

1 comment:

  1. Well said! G-d did get this one very wrong! Hugs and loving thoughts to both Kenny and Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete