Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bloody Good Start to 2012!

I was 9.5 miles into a 10.5 mile run today, thinking about how far I'd come in a year, about what a great year I could have in 2012, running-wise, when suddenly, the sidewalk monster grabbed me.

The result is a couple of bloody paws. And thanks to Avastin, the wonder drug with only one real side effect, it'll take a a good three or four months before these little beauties are ready for that audition for the cover of Hands Beautiful magazine.

But as we like to say in the Beskind household, sh&% happens. We're somewhat familiar with freak accidents in my house, so a pair of stinging manos aren't going to phase me.

I'm still looking forward to a great year, but I'll adjust my gaze to slightly more close range and downward next time I'm running on the cracked sidewalks on Oak Grove Road.

Happy New Year to all!


Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment