Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Live From The Chemo Room 30

Game on!

I'm starting my new chemo routine today. It's a 3 drug cocktail, one of which my insurance company has not approved. So instead of a tequila sunrise, I've just got orange juice and grenadine, mixologically speaking.

The best part of today has been hanging out with two of my high school buddies. Luis and Dave, and Luis' wife, Mary. We took over a corner of the chemo lounge and were leafing through the high school yearbooks that Luis brought. My nurses were particularly impressed with my 8th grade basketball action shot, even though you couldn't even tell I was wearing short-shorts in that one.

The worst part was right after they left, when I had a sudden rush of cramping, nausea, and sweating. There's a drug for that, and now that I've had it, I feel much better. And a little sleepy.

Make that a lot sleepy.

Nite-nite.


2 comments:

  1. I hear you are considering a mohawk... it will score you big points with my boys. Just saying... After all, Marcie is the one who reminded me that hair is just hair (hence Jeremy's experiments with red locks...). So there.
    Bald is a temporary look. Bold is a permanent state of mind.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete