Monday, December 3, 2012

Give Me A Break!

A break. That's just what the doctor ordered. Literally.

I've been on a little hiatus from my chemo treatments recently. Timing couldn't have been better as I was starting to feel pretty beat-up after four rounds. But then along came an upper respiratory infection just to make sure I wasn't having too much fun! So far, I'll take the cough over the chemo. 

It's been a couple of weeks since I last ran, and as those who know me well can attest, that means I'm probably not being my usual charming self. She-whose-patience-knows-no-end has earned yet another medal for putting up with me, as have the-three-offspring-of-she-whose-patience-knows-no-end.  

I'll have a scan this week and then Dr Z and I will talk about what's next. I'm expecting a return to some chemo, but hoping I can plead down to something less than what I'd been on the last couple of months. I'll report the results here, stay tuned!

I wanted to send a special shout out to fellow Members of the Club, Jerry and Bob, who are dealing with some heavy duty stuff themselves these days. These are two of the funniest folks I know, not surprising when you learn that one is a CPA and the other an actuary. Bean counters rock!

1 comment:

  1. I'll try and get an extra run or two this week for you and give you the credits later. I hear the transfer fee can be paid in beer! Hope to see you on the 22nd. -- JR

    ReplyDelete