Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thank You Sir, Can I Have Another?



... 3 rounds of chemo, that is.

Yes, sans paddle and gothic robe, Dr. Z told me last weekend that he's happy with the scan results, which showed no growth in the lung spots, but that he wants to do 3 more rounds to make sure we've got this latest episode under control.

Was I happy? Yes, for about ten seconds, after he said he liked the scan results, but before the part about more chemo. But, like Kevin Bacon in the clip I've included for your viewing pleasure, what could I do? I'm committed to the fight, so let's get it done.

Speaking of committed, or people who should be, I hear Hugo Chavez goes to Cuba for his cancer treatments. How messed up must Venezuelan medicine be if the leader of that country has to travel to an island where the cars are all from the 1950's to seek advanced cures? Maybe he's just there for the nightlife. I hear the Copacabana is hopping!

Round 5 starts tomorrow, so wi-fi willing and the creek don't rise, I'll have another post then.

No comments:

Post a Comment