Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chemo Live 2

Do you know the Muffin Lady, the Muffin Lady, the Muffin Lady? I do. She's a patient of Dr. Z who is in remission from non-hogkins lymphoma. She stops by once a week with baked goods. Today was yummy peach muffins, made the anti-cancer way, without white ingredients. We had a nice chat about stem cell replacement and colonoscopy prep (lobby for the pill based method, I advised). Only in the Chemo Room!


Can we talk daytime TV? Last time I was here I endured hours of Judge shows. Judge Judy, Judge Brown, etc. While I appreciate the lessons like "a promise from your sugar daddy does not a contract make" and "you paying for your brother's girlfriend's abortion is not a valid excuse for not paying rent," one hour would have been sufficient. Today, it's all infomercial, all the time. Now you know I'm a P90x devotee, so I was interested in that one. And as a smoothie maker, I can understand the appeal of the Magic Bullet. But I don't need a half hour to convince me I don't need a Shark Vac n Steam. The only way to make this programming appealing is to play a drinking game using the phrase "that's not all." Don't know about my white count today, but my blood alcohol is up to 1.4!


I have to run, next up is a revolutionary new 12 in 1 kitchen tool with the kung fu grip. What's that 800 number again?


UPDATE - I arrived 7.5 hours ago. I'm not complaining, because it's not like I was forgotten about (this isn't that place after all), it's just that my stuff takes a while to infuse. As I type, I'm having an after-dinner drink (the French call it dessertif - no need to thank me for that valuable nugget) of Ca and Mg. I prefer to sip this particular cocktail, so I'll be done in 30 minutes or so. Check-out has been extended to 5 PM but after that I have to pay for another night. Might as well order some Zaxby's and spend the night here. They have a bigger TV than I do. Oh, and I did get the channel changed to CNN, thank Tedness. 



2 comments:

  1. AS SEEN ON TV 1.866.277.3366, GINSU or RONCO Knives are on sale BIG TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try the delicious whole wheat waffles you are going to make with the new toaster that comes free with your purchase of the 12 in 1 kitchen tool!!!

    ReplyDelete