Thursday, February 10, 2011

An Odeium to Imodium

You arrive in your display case
Of plastic and foil sealed
Protecting you my pearl
From damages concealed

After my quaking fingers
Free you from your cage
Procol Harum white, upon
You I finally gaze

Your taste at first sweet
Dissolves quickly in my mouth
The first of many times today
You begin the slide towards south

Inside you land in seas
Tossing to and fro
Continuing your mission
You slip e're more below

The rumble and the roar
Shan't keep you from your goal
To quiet the storm that rages
Dare I rhyme with "bowl?"

Like Neptune I sit upon The Throne
Porcelin and white
Waiting for confirmation
Of a victory in the fight

More troops you cry above the din
With which I soon comply
Hoping against hope that these
Are the last to sacrifice

At last the calm wins out
And order is restored
I drink, I eat, blandly
Calm and rest. Accord

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

5 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your sense of humor and out take/InTake on life! Keep on keeping on! You have me in tears laughing....thanks..I needed that, I had to burp myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bowel/Fowl either one...lol but bowl/goal does read and sound better lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm guessing these were not the 'runs' you've been longing for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Procol harum white...love it.

    ReplyDelete