Monday, March 14, 2011

Live from the Pet Scan Prep Room

I've been critical of Emory in past posts, so let me give them credit. Sara, my nuclear medicine tech, is very nice and she actually told me I would be alone in my box for an hour and 15 minutes.

Yes, I said in my box. Because they use radioactive materials, the prep rooms have thick doors, and I assume walls - a containment vessel of sorts. The room 8  x 10 (I counted the ceiling tiles) and with cabinets and various things hanging from the walls, feels much smaller. They ask you if you are claustrophobic during prep for these scans, Pet, CT, etc. I always thought it was the machine they were worried about - don't want people freaking out in The Tube - but now I'm wondering if it's the Prep Room. Prison cells still have bars so you can see out, don't they?

Only about 50 minutes till scan time. Tic tock...

UPDATE - Scan done, now we wait. In the mean time, I challenge anyone to a "how long can you hold your hands above your head" contest. My record is 25 minutes. Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. 26 minutes...bring it on..I like competitions...or trials...wanna try it? lol

    ReplyDelete