Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On the Seventh Day, He Ran (then he rested)

I have been feeling pretty good this week. World's Greatest Boss Val noticed the color had fully returned to my face this morning, and given the lighting in my office, that's saying something!

So I decided to try running after visiting my dad on his last night of rehab, the kind you go to when you're 82 and you've been in the hospital, not the Charlie Sheen kind. Besides, that kind never works, leaving the Wild Thing to cure himself. With his mind.

The route was challenging - Wesley Woods to Old Briarcliff, across the Emory intramural fields, up to Frat Row, over the new pedestrian bridge to the School of Public Health, then Clifton back to the start. I looped around WW enough to make it a 5k. Now I will admit to walking parts of a couple of the hills, but my pace sans walks was under 8:30/mile. That used to be a recovery pace on a long run. Now it's my fastest run of the year!

By the way, I found a way to cut big dollars from the Federal Budget while improving waistlines across the country. Locate all Federal buildings on a hillside as steep as the CDC's. Then require all workers to walk from the parking lot to the street once per day. I guarantee you healthcare costs and pants sizes will go down for those employees. There you go, Mr. President, the next trillion is up to you.

We then had a blast at Trivia night with Dara, Greg and his neighbors, and birthday girl Evelyn and hubby Paul. We scored third place thanks to E knowing the patron saint of dance and her eponymous affliction, not to mention Greg's Osc-session. Winning, as Charlie might say.

After that very full evening, it's time for bed, little mouse, little mouse. Darkness is falling all over the house.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. what he said.

    good to be back in the trivia saddle. however nerdy that may be.

    ReplyDelete