Sunday, March 6, 2011

No hay viaje a Perú para usted!

Our "Peruvian Coke Dealer" was involved in a "car accident" in "Venezuela," so the trip has been delayed. Sounds like he'll be OK, and apparently pain killers are not a problem.

So I'm disappointed that I won't be able to add "did business in South America" to my list of accomplishments-while-undergoing-chemotherapy, at least not yet. We should be able to reschedule the trip within a few weeks. Now I'll just have to keep setting new running goals and cranking out P90x workouts as I feel up to it. Yesterday I did a very flat 4 miles at the Big Creek Greenway in Alpharetta. It's a very pretty spot and well worth the schlep for my fellow in-towners looking for a scenic, but not at all challenging, venue to run or ride. The pace and distance were both my fastest this year, and my brand new Gel Kayanos are now mud-splashed thanks to a steady drizzle that left puddles along the path.

Tonight we head to the Highlight Factory to see your second-tier Eastern Conference Hawks take on 'Mello and the Knicks. Last time I saw the Knicks in Atlanta, I'm pretty sure Clyde Frazier was still playing. Yes, youngsters, the guy from the Just for Men commercials. Thanks to the Kidd Krew for the tix!

No comments:

Post a Comment