Thursday, May 12, 2011

Live from the Pet Scan Room

Off to a good start today. They took me on time, and my tech is a 50-something guy named Vince who obviously enjoys what he does. He's got my kind of humor. Example:

Vince: "do you mind if I use the right arm for the blood sample?"
me: "Not at all"
Vince: " Good, that's the one in the training video"

I am currently enjoying a concoction they amusingly depict as a milkshake with a soda fountain glass on the label. It's glucose with a radioactive tracer so they can see where it goes in my body. Cancer cells love them some glucose, so we want to see little or no areas of concentrated activity.

It will be a week before I get the results, so stay tuned. I will be entering the Tube in 40 minutes or so. Wish me a nap!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

2 comments:

  1. Hi Myles! Now that my semester is over I can return to the blog world. Thinking of you this morning =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince should do stand up

    ReplyDelete