Monday, May 9, 2011

Much Better Now

Just a quickie to let you all know this past Derby weekend brought me through the turn, now we're in the homestretch.

Translation - I felt like myself again yesterday. A slightly fatigued version of myself, but still myself. Had a nice evening with Marcie's folks grilling out at their place for Mother's Day. Our sliders and corn shared the community grill with some dude's thickest-steaks-ever. He nicely said all the smoke generated by the grease fire from my too-fatty beef was adding flavor to his $20/lb filets. BTW - I'm still not eating red meat,  so I made turkey/spinach sliders for myself. They managed not to ignite.

The weather is Summer-like this week. Might just have to lace up the running shoes. To remind myself of the short term goal, I dug up my first Peachtree Number. In 1980, running shorts were really short, and I finished in the 65 minute range. In those days you had to beat the 55 minute T-shirt clock to get a coveted shirt, but the clock didn't start until the last runner crossed the starting line. Even when the race was "only" 25,000 people, that meant a good 30 minute cushion. Now everyone gets a shirt, and all the timing is electronic based on a chip you attach to your shoe. 60,000 people will start the race on July 4th, including, we hope, me and Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment