Monday, January 17, 2011

Hurts so good


The Coug was on to something. And spare me the history lesson about his last name. If the record company pays you, they get to call you whatever they want. Why do you think people still call me "Emmie B?"

Focussing on the title and not the actual lyrics, I think John was talking about exactly what I'm feeling tonight. If your troubles are so few and far between that you notice little pains, that's pretty good. So my heel hurts tonight, so what? This morning I'd have taken that pain in a heartbeat. Hurts so good.

If I weren't typing this on my phone, I'd totally go into the story about the three Iranian guys working in the kitchen at Camp Barney Medintz the summer that song came out. We inserted their names for words in the chorus (e.g. "Hertzel" for "hurts so", "Bay" for "babe," etc.) to hilarious approval of many of my fellow campers. But you had to be there. Come to think of it a couple of you dear readers were there, weren't you?

Separately, you know who you are over there in a dark corner of Clifton Rd. We are thinking of you tonight and don't hesitate to call anytime, seriously. Especially so we can listen when you give some poor tech the riot act over how you've been treated tonight. Much love...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ubKHzujy8

    I found a soundtrack for your blog (at least the first 40 seconds of the song).

    Can I kick it? Yes you can!

    Keep it up (fight and blog).

    Forza Myles!!!!

    ReplyDelete