Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thanks for the Gum Ball, Mickey!

If you do not get that reference, chances are you are too young to be reading this blog. So stop. Unless you grew up in another country where they didn't sell these cute little gum ball machines:


Why the reference? Somebody out there sent me a book yesterday and I'd love to thank them for it, but I have no idea who it was. Oh I have my suspicions, but given the big speech last night and all that ruling-the-free-world stuff, I highly doubt he had the time. So whoever you are, "Thanks for the cancer book, (insert name here)!"

I'm in what hope will continue to be a state of bliss. My last oral chemo for this round is tonight, and I'm feeling pretty close to normal  as I have for a week now. At the risk of dooming myself to future side effects, I'm OK with a week of less than perfect followed by two weeks of goodness. I know each time the toxicity is building up so it may take longer to feel normal, but I'm also smarter about heading off those effects before they get bad - or so I hope!

So unless I have something particularly funny to say, I might take a little break from blogging and enjoy the somewhat misguided notion that I'm completely fine. Now if it would just warm up enough for me to get in a good run!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure your children were more amazed that you could buy gumballs for a penny, or that a kid would be excited about saving about .50 in a mickey gumball machine.

    Then you would have to go into the whole story about how much things cost when I was a kid...like a 12 pack of Stroh's could be bought for about $4.00 (probably still can) or a pack of cigarettes for about .75 cents

    Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a Break..after all...there is a widely famous fast food that agrees, YOU DESERVE a BREAK TODAY! So eat up the fast stuff, let it digest and until your next blog, keep "pressing on" and Myles, Great fight, you WILL overcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystery solved! The book came from the Mays clan of Mequon, Wisconsin. Thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trade you a penny for a gumball.

    ReplyDelete