Monday, January 17, 2011

So, how's he doing?

Geez, you take a couple days off from writing and everyone wants to know if something's wrong. Only kidding of course, I truly appreciate the outpouring of support.

Truth is, when you get chemo, bad stuff happens, often in one's GI tract. But what I'm quickly learning, mostly at the business end of the whoop ass stick wielded by my amazing wife, is that you figure out today's side effect, pop the right pill and go freaking LIVE YOUR LIFE. Easier said than done? Sure. But it can be done, so that is what we are doing.

Adele, you are an incredible friend for showing me the way. Not to mention for the soup. I'm not suggesting anyone go looking to get cancer, but if you should happen to stumble into the shallow end of the gene pool, the chicken rice soup makes it nearly bearable.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring. Whatever it is, I will remind myself that Tomorrow itself is a pretty sweet thing.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

  1. MB,
    Man I forgot what a great sense of humor - Ricky Gervais got nothing on you. Here in Colorado we have abandoned pills for weed - medical marijuana is the hot product (and generating lots of tax revenues). Drive through available. It is a wacky state.
    Glad you haven't stopped eating Chick Fil A (aka food of the gods).
    Love ya,
    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...a GREAT sense of humor he has INDEED!

    ReplyDelete