Saturday, January 15, 2011

Press On!

As I sat here feeling a little sorry for myself yesterday for letting nausea get the best of me, Marcie received a letter from Stephanie, whose kids we've played various sports with over the years. Stephanie and Michael are also good friends with several of our close friends. We ran into them at, what else, an indoor soccer game last weekend and told them about my cancer. Stephanie's dad and brother in law had just gone through the same thing.

The letter contained a charm with a buffalo on one side and the words Press On on the other. It comes from a research foundation http://www.pressonfund.org/ that is the work of two families searching for novel and less toxic treatments for two types of childhood cancers. The message is compelling. When a storm comes the cows run and hide but the buffalo charge through the storm, with much higher survival rates.

The thought of facing childhood cancer scares me more than anything I can imagine, but the message this family shares with us is a gift one can never repay.

Today I start to press on!

4 comments:

  1. Press On! Love it..will send the information to Joe, thanks, he needs some encouragement and if any "less toxicity" treatment is found to kill cancer, besides the "chemo pill" once a month lesser toxicity but still toxicity...I will be celebrating right along with all cancer victims/survivors and their family and friends! God brings people into our lives for a reason, I know he brought you into our lives for tooo many to write, but a few are...encouragement, wisdom and to KICK CANCERS BUTT and for support that works "BOTH" ways! GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myles,
    what a wonderful blog and a great way of kicking cancer's butt... I will pray that you succeed and prove to the world what a positive, fighting attitude can do.
    To further arm you in your fight, please read the book I suggested in my earlier email... "Outsmart your cancer - Alternative Non-Toxic Treatments That Work", by Tanya Harter Pierce. This covers 21 treatments for cancer that have been successful without the toxic radiation / chemo... My friend's sister has had repeated lower cancer marker tests; her husband has survived the first 3 chemo's with virtually no reaction except soured taste buds and slight tiredness... all using Protocel 50, 1/4 teaspoon, 4 times daily. The book also exposes the distorted western medicine statistics... Good luck, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to tell you... it is illegal for the Drs - Wiz or anyone else - to recommend ANY of the 21 non-toxic treatments as they are not FDA approved... what a surprise... no drug company profits...
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Myles! Go Myles! Go Myles!

    Great blog. Several entries made me laugh out loud. Now I understand where Adam gets his coolness.

    ReplyDelete